Basically this process sucked...I wouldn't wish it upon anyone. I found out that I was not alone, and my best friend went through the same thing. My heart dropped when I read the only OBGYN spots were at Yale and UCLA.. fat chance. Plan B I submitted my application to every preliminary-surgery spot and family medicine program. By the end of the day I had an offer from a FM program in Long Beach, California. I came home crying, I was devastated. The next morning I submitted my signed contract...a few hours later a miracle happened and I was offered another contract in South Carolina. Still no OBGYN, but in the South, where I realized I wanted to stay. Miraculously I got out of the LB contract and I'm heading to S. Carolina.
I experienced a lot of emotions this past week. I feel like a loser, like I let myself, friends, family and Billy down. I'm trying to stay positive but honestly the thought of a life without stepping foot into an operating room is devastating. My plan is to stick through it for a year and reapply again. I'm not ready to give up although I can't figure out why God is making this such a challenge for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment