Monday, March 15, 2010

MSG Migraine

Saturday Billy and I went to the mall. After walking around we found ourselves STARVING...we both agreed upon chinese....me chicken and rice, him something similar but healthier of course. After all, I haven't really ever had "chinese". Not much later the worst headache of my life appeared. I can count a couple of horrible headaches in my life, but nothing that stopped me from working or getting my stuff done. In fact I've actually made fun of people who came to the ER for "severe headaches"- unless of course it was a stroke or something with abnormal imaging pathology. Anyways, Saturday night I practically begged Billy to take me to the ER, but he reminded me that I would just be pissed off with a $2000 bill for a pain med injection that would most likely make me vomit. Despite my head throbbing, tears rolling down my face, etc, I still found myself rational and overdosed on as much pain medication that I could tolerate w/o killing myself. In addition, several Benadryl later I woke up pain free. Wow, my new found sympathy for migraine sufferers...they do deserve a trip to the ER and if I'm on duty, give them everything I possibly can to help them!!

No comments: