Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

Before I kicked off the extended weekend I officially ended my Third Year of Medical School!! Time flies. Basically I completed all my "core rotations" and just have electives and a whole bunch of rural medicine left to rotate in for the next 11 months. Setting these up have been time consuming, but I've put a lot of thought into where I want to go and presenting myself to the top Residency programs.

To celebrate Billy took me out to dinner then drinks with friends....lots of drinks according to Billy's tab! The following day we spruced up the garden and filled it with flowers for the new season. Sunday was a day of rest and sleeping in and more celebrating with friends- by the way Billy's good friend is related to the guy who invited the pap smear- so now I have a new friend! Again during "girl talk" I was shocked that grown women have no idea when they are fertile...just remember day 14 +/- 2 days if you're regular. Anyways, then Monday was filled with shopping and movies. Billy spoiled me with his time which I soak up happily.

So now I'm officially on my "summer" vacation before I start my 4th year. I've only been off 2 days and I'm bored...the house is clean, my errands are done, Billy is out of town and I'm lonely. I'm not used to having so much time on my hands. Tomorrow I'm heading to Greenville for a few days then my special trip to Mexico next week with Billy. Yep, he finally gave in and picked a romantic place for our summer vacation...I'm happy, very happy.

No comments: