In real life the answer is no, but in my dreams yes. For the past two weeks I have been on my obgyn rotation and EVERYNIGHT i dream about pregnancy. Its getting ridiculous actually. I dream that I'm in a doctors waiting room with a bulging belly, or I dream about running and being pregnant, just all sorts of stuff. Yes, all day long I'm around pregnant women. In fact, i feel OLD around these pregnant women...technically speaking I could be a grandma down here in LaGrange. All these girls are so young and they ALL ask if i've had any kids..ugh no, my ovary and uterus are jacked up, i've got another year of medical school and then residency, i'm not married (which means nothing down here), and yes i'm way old enough.
As far as memories of this rotation so far; last night my attending walked in and I was gowned up holding the placenta and the baby was already under the warmer- yep, doc you were late, but i was there! Technically I should be proctored but the baby was coming NOW! I delivered a baby on both the mom and dads birthday...so now all three of them have the same birthday. I'm still a little uncertain when I'm sewing up an episostomy- it all looks like stretched out vagina to me, what exactly am I lining up??? for sure don't leave me alone for that. In just 2 weeks I've done over 10 vaginal deliveries myself and assisted on c-sections as well as gyno surgery. I love my attending, I work my butt off for him, but he treats me good in exchange. For example, I rounded on all 12 patients before him this early Saturday morning so basically all he had to do was sign my charts....so next delivery is all mine!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment