Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Boards, Step 2

Today is Cinco de Mayo and I could definitely use a drink. My day started off taking Step 2 of my medical licensing boards. 400 long questions and my brain is strained. I planned on treating myself to a shopping spree afterwards but I was too exhausted. basically i mustered up enough energy to do a load of laundry and hit the gym for an hour. Overall I've been keeping up with my work out regimen with studying but its time to hit the weights full force again, summer is around the corner.

As far as boards go, they are so frustrating. There is a plethora of information to study. The questions can be so vague, "pt presents with abdominal pain, what is wrong with her" i need labs, i need imaging, i would get that in the real world. Another essential part of boards is the food packing. You are basically committed to a computer room with an occassional break and you need some grub close by. My routine is; baked cheetos, sandwich, oranges, sweet tea, water, twik. Its a random assortment but those are my board food cravings and you just have to give into them.

I feel relieved having boards behind me, of course i'm not stress free until i get my score...please god let me have passed...at times i worry about this...i'll get a question or two in a row and have no idea what the heck they are asking so i guess, i guess a lot and you just never know. additionally it helped i knew a lot of obgyn b/c 30% of the test was gyno related. anyways, i'm test free for a LONG time (2 years!!) and am in desperate need of a vacation....still trying to come up with something.

No comments: