Friday, March 27, 2009
Med school isn't hard, its life outside of it
At some point last weekend I was overcome by emotions. Its a mystery as to when these moments come and normally Billy is available, but he won't be every time and he wasn't on Friday night. I've come to realize when he's not around I'm like a lost puppy. He's always there for me and I just sat there and cried. I have no idea why I cried, but planning ahead for my audition rotations and thinking about Residency is stressful. I called a fellow classmate who confirmed I'm not alone and that everyone is feeling on edge too. I mean I go to work, I do fine, I come home, I study for 5-6 hours, its no big deal, but the big deal is thinking about next year. Where do I want to go? Will I get into my first choice? Will I end up in Michigan? Will Billy come with me? Will I be able to handle Residency and being a supportive girlfriend? I try to tell Billy how supportive he's been to me, he doesn't believe me, but its so true. I don't know what he does but he sucks the stress out of me, he holds my hand and makes me relax. Just knowing he's close by is soothing. Later on Friday night when we met up, all he did was wrap his arms around me and kiss me and honestly I felt better. I stopped crying, I started to smile and life didn't seem too difficult to handle. While my relationship is growing stronger, I have been notiefied of the first divorce in my medical school class. Statistically speaking its the first of many. The Ebners boys don't have a good record but the girls do, so I pray God watches after me, my career, and my love life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment