


So I was driving home from a fairly good day at work when my mom called crying saying my dad was sick. Without going into the details, I rushed to the Columbus apartment, packed everything I could in 10 minutes, left a message at school and drove back to Atlanta. Once there, I found a flight back to California for the following morning. In less than 19 hours from the phone call I was at my dad's bedside. Despite all that we know about medicine it can still be a mystery to unravel a diagnosis. He got VIP treatment, flown to the best specialist and several days later was recovering quickly. It was a horrible few days but honestly he is doing great. It was good to see some of my brothers but not under those circumstances. Also, I realized what wimps my siblings are, Aaron turned white, hyperventilated and asked for water when the surgeon was explaining his upcoming procedure, Jody left the room before any blood draws. It was comical. Despite Jody's queasiness, she was sooo good to my dad. We would shave him, give him manicures and pedicures, etc. He said he liked us both there because Jody would make him laugh and I was always honest. Mom bought him an iPod in which David loaded up with classical music. He is doing really well and is ready to finally cut back on work and enjoy life.
1 comment:
hey lady! i'm so sorry to hear about your dad's illness! what was it? we need to catch up!
Post a Comment