Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Internal Medicine
Well, jerry is recovering and I was able to return back to ATL to begin my next rotation, Internal Medicine. Basically I was your student doctor if you were admitted for anything lame...aka pneumonia, kidney failure, sepsis, or we don't know whats wrong with you but let us run some tests. I was bored because it involved nothing surgical. If for any reason my patient needed a "procedure" (aka kidney biopsy) I was right at the bedside and ready to cut. I did have a vasavagal response watchng a bone marrow biopsy....Basically I was pretty sick for a week...FOU....aka fever of unknown origin...i took tylenol and got through each day....but this day it was swealtering hot in the room, my attending is literally digging into this womans bone and i started sweating like crazy. I felt like i wiped a bucket of sweat off my upper lip, then my vision was closing in...it was classic...i knew exactly what was occuring with my body and what was about to happen...before i went down, i went out and collapsed in the bathroom with privacy. I was relieved that no one saw this and then had priviledges to harass me all month...i was sick, but i had to work. 5 minutes later i walked back in like i had just answered a "very important page"....not many know that i'm just a measily medical student and i don't get very important pages!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment