Monday, April 19, 2010
My Hip Arthroscopy
We woke up real early and drove down to the hospital. I was really calm, my blood pressure was pretty low considering I was about to go under. The IV needle was for sure the worst part. I remember saying good-bye to Billy and being wheeled away. I was pretty vocal about asking for Verseed because I was getting nervous. A few hours later I woke up in recovery and the room was spinning. Apparently they gave me Demerol which I"m not a big fan of, I asked for no more. My leg had a HUGE patch on it and my feet were all wrapped up. I would post pics now but my camera is downstairs and I limit that walk. The rest of the day was fine, really I just took Tylenol. I can't believe that they shaved down my bone, sutured my tear and I have such little pain. Crutches suck for sure, I feel like I don't need them, but doctors orders. I also don't wear my TED hose either, but I do take the Lovenox twice a day. Little shot in my belly. The worst part is going pee, I can't sit up straight so its difficult to pee, but otherwise I feel great. Billy takes me outside everyday for a drive or to sit in the backyard. Tomorrow I start PT which will probably hurt but I can't imagine too much. I do have muscle spasms at night but not painful just an annoyance. So far I haven't experienced any pain like I had before surgery...So far this has been pretty easy and I'm happy just bored to death.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment