Well I have a lot to be thankful for this year but today I'm looking at the glass half empty. I don't know if its the stress of this whole match process that seems to get to me every few weeks or if its just the holidays approaching and making me wierd (billy too...i'm not taking all the blame ;). I'm starting to realize that my life isn't balanced and it effects other important aspects of my life...i want to make sure people understand that medical school is not hard, but it impacts your personal life in such a big way. there isn't time to do everything and make everyone happy and its so frustrating. its really difficult from having to be a perfectionist at work all day long and not continue to be a perfectionist at home...while i have to put up with it at work, i guess nobody else does. i haven't learned how to switch from being the best medical student to be a fun, loving, relaxed girlfriend. this is probably more evidence to support why all my classmates are cracked out on psych meds...is that the secret that i just haven't experimented with?? would a little dose of prozac every morning take me out of my own little misery? i remind myself that one day i'll be thankful for these hard times. ps i guess i'm thankful that i don't have gyn cancer... i'm doing a month of gyn onc and i was surprised that girls my age are plagued with cervial, endometrial, and ovarian cancer. so thanks for my health and being cancer free (as far as i know!!!)
For accurate record keeping, I spent Thanksgiving at Billy's mom's house. I made homemade macaroni and cheese and a homemade pumpkin pie cake which was the hit of the family festivities. Billy was impressed that I spent the day cooking and cleaning like a normal Southern housewife. And yes, I, " the devil that tempted the favorite son into a sinful life of living together outside of marriage" did ALL the thanksgiving dishes. billy and jody were so proud of me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment