
So several months ago I submitted my application to become an OBGYN and continue my training. Its not something that is guaranteed and as previously reported can be stressful. To date I have about 7 interviews scheduled. A fair number, practically an interview at every program that I applied to. The thought of traveling was exciting, now its a drag and expensive, but absolutely necessary. A few weeks ago I went to Michigan, last week to Philadelphia, this week in Augusta, then California on thursday to return to work in atlanta on Monday. A few days later, I'll be driving to Alabama, then work a little in Atlanta then off to south carolina...the schedule continues like this until mid January...Its exhausting just writing about it, but I'm so so thankful. Some of my friends who want to be an OBGYN as bad as me, have no interviews!! Yep, this is the most competetive year for OBGYNs in the past decade! Last week I was told they received over 400 applications, invite 70 to interview for ony 3-4 spots. Yikes. So keep me in your prayers as travel around and scope out the scene. On the homefront, Billy is pretty excited. I wish he could travel with me but he's saving his vacation time for real vacations. He recently shared with me this elaborate plan he has if I match in south carolina. I had no idea that he had put this much thought into it. He's even talked to his work about it, and everything appears okay. Its a little extra pressure on me, but its really up to God at this point....I'm doing my absolute best and he's being supportive by lining up our future together. We both know I might not get SC, so we'll have back up plans, but we do have a goal and an ideal.
ps we went to a barefoot and pregnant southern wedding last weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment