Thursday, November 5, 2009

Life as a 4th Year

Well, I'm at another residency center working my butt off trying to impress the gang. I've decided that I hate being a 4th year med student and i can't wait for residency. For now, I'm the second lowest on the totem poll (3rd yrs is the pits for sure). I'm required to pre round at 5am, write a note, that gets re-written by a R2 (2nd yr resident). I retract in surgery and maybe if i'm lucky suck blood out with the sucker, perhaps cut suture- not too long, not too short. I'm told to read about some subject and teach the Residents before their own scheduled lecture. Throw in a weekly presentation and you're golden. Today was real good b/c I did get to do real surgery but the entire procedure was repeated by a R2 again...but i'm not really complaining b/c technically i got to do the surgery too!! Sure I'm begging to be an Intern now and no doubt will be begging to be something else then too....the good news is, i'm making progress and one day i'll be a real doctor. On the home front, Billy has been amazing...provides me my daily pep talks, spoils me on weekends, talks about where we are going to live...he's now stressing out a bit in regards to Match Day....its sorta funny b/c i'm over the anxiety and just waiting to see what all happens next spring.

No comments: