Thursday, July 23, 2009

My rotation in S Carolina

For starters, I have been dead set on the idea of returning to California for Residency, but I have several electives to fill up. So afte meeting a pretty cool doc at a conference I decide to rotate with him.....i mean why not? I'm on REI- reproductive endocrinology and infertility, which is fabulous. After the first two days I realized I'm working with the smartest obgyns that I've ever worked with. The dept head has over 100 publications- which is a very big deal. Every night I read an average of 10 articles myself and am on the verging of proclaiming myself as the endometriosis expert, medical student level. Its intense. Everyday my brain is stimulated beyond any other rotation. In fact, I have fallen in love with academics and now this program. I did not realize beforehand that I am at the elite obgyn residency program of the South. These are the smartest guys in the country on certain subjects! I am no longer so closed minded with where I want to spend my next four years. Obviously, Billy is a HUGE factor, and this place would allow his job to transfer....lots of pluses building up. This process and decision gets more complicated everyday.

No comments: