Tuesday, February 3, 2009

More Arrowhead







Gosh, As always I'm catching up. Basically I loved my rotation at Arrowhead. The Residents said I kicked butt and gave me their blessing to apply and join their program, so that is awesome. The experience and exposure was amazing. I did so many pelvic exams and pap smears, when in doubt "pap it". Lots of yucky vaginas...Billy requested I no longer talk about bad vag. I actually had to question my career choice at one awful smelly moment, but I perserved and still want OBGYN. I delivered some babies and still wonder how 30 seconds later the women are no longer in pain. I can tell that I like gyn a lot more, but ob is still cool. An attending refused to put a patient on hormones with lupron therapy and my heart ached for that patient...if my personal experience helps 500 women then it was worth it. I wanted more than anything to give her hormones but had to keep my mouth shut.

I went home to SM a few times and hung out with Miles and Maisy. What terrific kids. If I Ever have kids, I want kids like them. Maisy is always so happy and bubbly. Miles keeps me entertained and young at heart. Also Jody cut my hair and it now looks amazing. Thanks Grods

1 comment:

Karen said...

love these pics, you'll have to e-mail them to me. so glad we got to spend some time with you. we love you so much

karen, david, miles and maisy