Friday, January 9, 2009

Earthquake

As most know, I'm 99.9% for sure I'm going to become an OBGYN. While my third year is doing clinical rotations in every specialty I do have one month of an "elective"- do whatever I want, wherever I want. So I'm out in San Bernadino, California at Arrowhead- which hosts an OBGYN Residency Program. I want to come back to the West Coast, but its complicated. I also want to share my life with Billy, who lives in Atlanta. and his kids live in Atlanta. ..see its complicated.

Arrowhead is known as the "only earthquake proof" hospital and I got to experience that within my first week. Last night we had a 5.0 earthquake centered in San Bernadino. It was fun...it felt like a MAC truck hit the building. For a split second I was sacred and the thought crossed my mind, what is something happened to me, who will check on me?? Would I lay under the rumble with no help? I called up Billy to share the experience and quickly realized that I miss him. Would he have known, he would have made sure I was okay.

As far as this rotation, so far its amazing. Students do everything. After my hour orientation on where to park, dress professionally, eat in the cafeteria, etc. I was thrown into a busy clinic with 170 patients for the day. I basically did more pap smears that day than I've done in my entire career. I loved every minute of it and have been impressed with this program so far.

1 comment:

Jaz said...

Seismic Safety provides earthquake proof foundation repairs and seismic retrofit.