Friday, February 19, 2010

Valentines Day in Bend





Our first real day in Bend was snowmobiling and it was fun. Billy had a hard time keeping up with me, but he had a blast. Day two was supposed to be us getting a couple's massage, but Billy begged to go snowboarding. It didn't help that Alex told him it was "easy and no problem", then Billy said he didn't want to go alone. I didn't think my hip would make it, but he wanted to go so bad that I thought I would give it a try...it didn't go so well. It started off sleeting on the mountain. I could barely scoot myself onto the chair lift and ate snow getting off. After struggling to get up, I picked up speed and fell..fell hard but got back up. My second fall didn't go so well. I had quite a bit of speed and fell right on my butt, I felt a crunch in my butt and tears started to roll down. I fractured my coccyx. I took another ski lift down and popped some handy pain pills. The next day was full of relaxation and I finally bought a new camera! The flight home was uncomfortable between the hip and the butt, but we made it. Billy LOVED bend and now wants to save up for a jacuzzi...he's so ebner he doesn't even know it!!

No comments: