Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Interview in California, Jan 2010

This month I'm on another rural family med rotation. I actually really like it, it does help tremedously that I work with some great people. While I thought I was rusty diagnosising strep throat, bronchitis, the flu, etc, it all came back within a day. I've even had the opportunity to teach my attendings a thing or two...

So last week I took a few extra days and flew out to California for my last interview. With the additional time I hung out with Miles and Maisy- what fun kids. I loved every second of it!! Maisy and I would cuddle together while Miles and I would rock out to Guitar Hero! Jody even drove up for a fun day together.

On the home front, I finally made the decision to stick with the allopathic match. I've officially withdrawn from the other. Billy and I have discussed future plans and are on the same page. Things have been so great and we don't want to break up because of residency location. Yesterday he told me that he got the ok from work to move with me and keep his job! Move within reason, not across country but they are being flexible. So for now, I'm sticking with the South, not only because of him, but I'm happy out here (a little help from Re-lax-apro), and ironically the insurance industry hasn't screwed up the South and medically I'll be on the cutting edge of things (None of the California programs have the DaVinci robot!!) So, its still up in God's hands and I won't know until March. The countdown continues!

No comments: