
So on my last day of this rotation I was itching to get out of there. We only had 3 surgeries scheduled but everything about the day was slow, but it was ALL worth it. In the middle of the first robotic surgery he asked me if I wanted to take the controls and suture up the vagina...Calmy I said, "Sure" Inside I was so excited that I thought my bowels would burst. I got to do the same thing in all three cases and it was well worth staying until after 6pm. I love robotic surgery and I want more of it. I probably won't get to operate with the robot for another 2 or 3 years so it really was a big deal. Its the DaVinci robot and its amazing, truly amazing. I really love gyn oncology and would seriously consider a career in it. They are the best surgeries for sure. Billy didn't like the sad stories every day, but it has to be done. I was surprised that I was able to tolerate dying people but no big deal...its about dying with dignity...we're all gonna go someday...its a true talent to balance living life and peacefully dying. I believe you can live life while dying and hopefully I don't wait until that point to live a little!!
No comments:
Post a Comment