Friday, August 21, 2009

Residency Applications

For the past three years I've anticipated this point in my career and have prepared myself for my Residency Application...The time is now here and I'm so confused. There are two different "matching programs" that I can sign up for...One before the other, and for whichever one I choose, I must forfeit the other. Then, the added pressure of which coast do I want to live on? Will Billy go with me? If not, then I want to be far, far away from the South. We talk about it, but I think he sorta wants to know where I'll be before he commits...If I match in Michigan then he's most likely gonna let me go alone...i don't really blame him. Plus, we want the kids, but will their momma let us have them? Could Billy and I balance work, each other and the kiddies full time? I'm pretty confused and no doubt internally stressed about it....(the most likely culprit for not being able to loose weight). My osteopathic application has been sent and I'm awaiting interviews. Next month starts the allopathic process in which my application will be forwarded. I'm thankful that I know I want OBGYN and have a strong CV to support my passion...Some of my friends are still trying to figure out what they are going to specialize in. Some say, "let fate determine" but it's not that easy....i believe you have to create the opportunity and nurish it...I don't want to settle when it comes to my training....Not only do i want to become an OBGYN but I want to become a fabulous obgyn!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Charlotte,
Wow, what hard decisions you are faced with. I know you will make the right one. You are so smart and I so want you to "have it all". The career, the husband, the kids, the smiles, and happiness.
I will be praying for you to know which is the right path. Know I think of you often. If I can ever help, just give me a call.
Love you,
Debbie