Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Country Medicine
This is week 2 with working with a doctor out in the "country"... most of my patients are missing half their teeth, smell like smoke, and are dirty, but they are the NICEST people ever. They are so cute and sick. I see over 30 patients a day that have a snotty nose and cough all over me as I exam them. Its just a matter of time before I get sick myself. I'm really enjoying this rotation. The doctor isn't concerned with all the politics of big city medicine, he doesn't order a CT scan on every patient, we don't refer every little itty bitty thing to the worlds' specialist. We take care of their problems. Hopefully I am learning enough about everyday problems and when a family member calls me "sick", I will be able to provide them with some real life advice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
that sounds really interesting. Helping people really feels good expecially this time of year. Happy Holidays.Keep on Giving!!!
Post a Comment